This agreement relates to online counselling. In 'face to face' therapy I will give you an agreement personally.
- You will be asked to accept this before we begin.
- I will only work with you if I feel that it is in your best interest and Online Counselling is not appropriate if you are experiencing extreme distress. Please see Emergency Contacts.
- Via email we keep to practical issues.
- All sessions are paid for in advance.
- I work in a confidential, safe and secure environment. It is important that you also communicate with me from an environment that is physically and emotionally safe and appropriate for you to express yourself.
- As a professional counsellor, I have a supervisor and though I may discuss our work together your name is not used.
- No electronic records of our sessions are kept by either of us.
- It is illegal to post direct information, transcripts or video sessions of our exchanges.
- The therapeutic relationship has to have boundaries. In order to protect this relationship it is not appropriate to be connected through social networking sites. This maintains confidentiality.
- I am required by law to break confidentiality if I am concerned that you are in danger of hurting yourself, hurting another person, or intend to break the law. I would discuss this with you first.
- I will let you know as far in advance as possible about any sessions I will not be available for, such as holidays. I will need to know at least 48 hours in advance if you are unable to attend an arranged session, and if not I will keep my fee. Depending on circumstances, I will do my best to re-arrange a different time slot. I am as accommodating as I can be, but it is not always possible.
- Technical problems may occur and we try to let the other person know straight away. If we are unable to connect then we re-schedule for a mutually convenient time.
- The internet security protecting the privacy of our communications are limited to those built in to Skype.