If you feel that you are in an emergency situation where you are worried that you may harm yourself or another person, then please contact one of the following:
- Your GP
- NHS Direct - 0845 4647
- The Samaritans - Confidential and non-judgemental. 24 hour helpline 08457 909090
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Daytime helpline 0844 477 9400
- Sane - Support for mental illness
- Childline - Free and confidential for children and young adults within the UK 0800 1111
- Befrienders Worldwide - Worldwide support. Helplines for many countries.
Other useful links
- The Children's Consultancy provides confidential counselling and psychotherapy to children and parents specialising in family conflict.